Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Help! DB_BLOCK_SIZE/Import Problem
Help! DB_BLOCK_SIZE/Import Problem [message #73468] Wed, 05 May 2004 10:35 Go to next message
Tony
Ok.  I was trying to do a full import of a database (with db_block_size 8192) export.  The destination database (new database)  block size is 4096.   Even though I created all the required tablespaces manually before doing the import, the import would fail saying that the block size of the destination tablespace(4096) does not match the block size of  (8192) the source export file.   So it fails to create the tablespaces ( I don't know why it is trying to create the tablespaces first of all when the tablespaces already exists in the destination) and the import fails. 

So I decided to create a new database with db_block_size 8192 instead of 4096.  But the database creation failed saying:

ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed

ORA-0058: DB_BLOCK_SIZE must be 4096 to mount this database (not 8192).

So I'm kinda stuck now.  I'm not sure how to import this file into my new database.

Help Please

Tony

Re: Help! DB_BLOCK_SIZE/Import Problem [message #73490 is a reply to message #73468] Tue, 11 May 2004 06:25 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Hi Toney,

The best approach is to pre-create the tablespaces as you originally did, then just ignore the errors generated when the import utility tries to re-create them. You can also use IGNORE=YES to suppress the creation errors when objects (like tablespaces) already exist.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: Importing Whole Database into Another Machine
Next Topic: Online backup question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 07:46:11 CDT 2024